How much time should I allow  to apply for  my pension?

The Benefit Fund would prefer you apply 30 days in advance in order to give us sufficient time for processing all forms and documents. If you would like to set up an appointment, call our office 314-652-8175 ext. 308 and speak with Beth.

Is there medical coverage when I retire?

Yes, if you meet the eligibility requirements.

What are the requirements for early retirement?

Provided that you have retired from employment of any kind in the Sheet Metal construction industry, you may elect to receive early retirement benefits if you are age 55 and acquired at least 15 years of Credited Service. Early retirement benefits will be significantly reduced.  Contact Beth at the benefits office for more information.

Can I change my Federal and State withholdings at any time?

Yes, you can contact the Benefit Office 314-652-8175 ext. 308 to request a new withholding form.

What documents am I required to bring when I apply for my Pension?

Birth certificate for you and your spouse
Marriage license with state seal
Divorce decree if applicable
Military records if applicable
Voided check for the account which you elect to have your payment deposited.

How do I become vested?

Once you have been credited with 5 years of vesting service, you are fully vested. (NOTE-Participants who have terminated prior to January 1, 1999 had to earn at least 10 years of vesting service to be fully vested.)